Re: how to start after months of sitting

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: how to start after months of sitting
From: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:07:53 -0800
Robb,

When I lived in Minnesota I would treat the car at the beginning of
winter (October?):
   Change brake & clutch fluid
    Treat gas with Stabilizer
   Give wash and wax
   Change oil & filter

I would never start the engine until there was enough rain to wash the
salt out of the streets.  The starting of the car once a month is
STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED.  The engine sitting in the garage will not get
warm enough to dry out the system.  Ever notice how much condensation
comes out of the tail pipe at start up?  Remember that the by product of
combustion is H2O.

Dana

--
Dana Nojima, Ph.D.