new arrival to Calgary non-running roadster club!!! Long....

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: new arrival to Calgary non-running roadster club!!! Long....
From: "Teesun68" <teesun68@cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:01:29 -0700
Hey gang,
    Larry Dziuba and I just acquired another addition to the Calgary
non-running roadster club. After travelling for 150 miles to pick it up,
was blizarding and the roads were slick as hell. Cars in the ditches,
ambulance (3 on the way) and here we are with the roadster bundled up on the
trailer. We managed to get it home safely and unloading it into the garage was
fun as there was zero traction on the back alley. Had to bring up my Volvo
right up to the roaster and push off that to get the roadster into the garage.
We started off on the trip at 0800 hrs and I was back at home with a plate
full of dinner and a cold beer at 2100 hrs. Larry did all the driving using
his buddy's truck/trailer combo - thanks Larry!!!
So now we have a partially stripped down '69 1600 sitting in my garage that we
will be parting out. No motor and the wings are gone but there are a few good
pieces left on it that we are going to salvage.
    I remember first signing on the list 4 years ago and reading the notes
from folks and people would sign with 3 or 4 roadsters under their name. I
thought..."you are nuts" - where do you store those vehicles and why do you
have so many?...... Well...I have the disease!!!! We have a 3 car garage and
now all the spots are taken up by the roadsters( at least until Larry and I
part out the latest addition). My wife tells me that she deserves a "Roadster
wife of the year" award for this and, by the way , until the last roadster is
gone, I'm hoofing it out 5 min early every morning to heat up the Volvo which
is now parked outside.
    So now I'm sitting in my warm den with a cup of coffee and looking out at
the blowing snow, -13C weather and reminding myself that last Sat I took the
one running roadster for a spin in +15 C weather and what a blast that was!!!

Cheers to all and keep in roadstering!!

Michael
'68 1600 - non runner
69 1600 - runner