Synchro teeth question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Synchro teeth question
From: John Hogan <mad@madgrizzle.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:49:20 -0500
I just opened up my transmission (5-speed) to do an inspection and
everything actually looks very good to my completely untrained eye.  This
is actually the first transmission I've seen (opened up and revealed).  The
gears and everything look good and I see no signs of wear.  However, I
noticed something that is really interesting.  On EACH synchro (I have
"servo" type), there are two teeth in a row missing.  Is this normal for
these synchros?   I just seems too much of a coincidence for it to be wear.

Thanks

John Hogan
1967.5 Datsun 2000 SRL311-00141 "Solex"
www.madgrizzle.com