Re: Synchro teeth question

To: "John Hogan" <mad@madgrizzle.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Synchro teeth question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:53:15 -0500
Yes it's normal. The gears should have a squared off edge on them and not be
sharp or pointed.

I would replace the synchros, especially 2nd and make sure 5th gear is
either welded or splined. Also take measurements of the end play of the
gears as wear does occur. Nissan makes thrust washers/snap rings of varying
thicknesses. I know my clearances were off in 2 4 speeds I had and the gaps
on my 5 speed were off also.

Mike