Seized engine at start-up

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Seized engine at start-up
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:36:34
To All,

I have a 1970 Datsun 2000 (I'm new to this list).  A few years back, when
trying to start my car (I haven't done anything to it since the engine
seized, too any other projects), the starter turned over real slow for about
5 cranks or so then stopped.  All I got after that was the sound of the
starter clicking.  Thinking battery might be dead, I charged the battery.
Nothing happened.  Replaced starter.  Nothing.  Tried to jump start.
Nothing but the starter solenoid clicking.

Next I tried to push start it.  Wheels locked, nothing moving in engine.

I'm in the process of pulling the engine.  I've got the radiator out and
have tried to turn the crank bolt to turn the engine.  No movement.  Any
ideas on what I can expect?  Engine had been overhauled about 10,000 prior
(it has 100,000 total but all engine components were in excellent shape).
Car ran fine except the slow turning over of the starter.  It would always
start before, just not this time.  Oil level was fine prior to this.

Any ideas on what caused this?  Could slow oil pressure during starter
cranking cause engine to seize?

Thanks!!  P.S.  It's a real shame that current computer spell checkers don't
recognize "Datsun".

Allen Blackmon
1970 2000