Hard to drive?

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hard to drive?
From: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:29:41 -0600
List,

I was reading the "Motorbooks International, Datsun Roadsters 1962-1971"
book (71?). Several of the road tests conducted on the 67.5 2000 solex
and later dealer upgrade 2000's say that the car is "hard to drive on
the street and was best used for the track". I wish I had read that
earlier so I could have had a much harder time driving the car on the
street. What's the proposed problem with street use? The high 7000rpm
cam?

Steve Harvey
68 2000 solex
70 1600 (no motor to compare with the solex)