Re: seat mounting

Subject: Re: seat mounting
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 05:52:00 -0500
Keep in mind that in some accidents, your body can be decelerating at
20-30g's.  That also means the seat will decelerate at about the same rate.
That 20 lb seat will have 400 lbs pulling on it, if only for a few
milliseconds.  If it isn't fastened sufficiently, it can cause additional
injury to the occupants.

Plus, if you get rear-ended, the seat will be doing most of the work.

I'm currently consulting for one of the 'big 3' on a project to help set
design criteria to meet the new federal crash safety standards coming on
line in the next few years.

Happy Roadstering,
--
Chris Coker