Re: Horn button ring

To: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Subject: Re: Horn button ring
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 07:49:26 -0800
>Fred Schroeder Asked - My horn button ('70 padded variety) looks like new
except that the rubber trim ring is missing.  Any suggestions for a
replacement?
You know, This thing should be a breeze to make. I'm going to try. I'll make
an impression of mine in some plumbers putty. then I'll fill the impression
with clear RTV and let that set for a couple of days. Once unmolded, I'll
paint the back with reflective silver and that should copy the original,
minus the age yellowing.

I know that there are some members with better knowledge of plastics,
Anybody suggest better material or process?