Finalizing plans for the SoCalROC Solvang Caravan

To: Ahorwitz55@aol.com, amatkins@qnet.com, arthur@vistamediagroup.com,
Subject: Finalizing plans for the SoCalROC Solvang Caravan
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:17:29 -0700
Hello Rockers!

Well, Solvang is just over two weeks away! I have heard from several members
who are feverishly getting their cars ready for the big show. I know that
Shari and I are looking forward to seeing everyone there. Some will be old
SoCalROC buds I have known for years, but quite a few will be brand new
faces and brand new cars that I have never seen before. I am looking forward
to seeing everyone.

After hearing from several members about time and places, I have come up
with what I think is a good schedule for all of us planning to go up on
Friday, April 26th. I know that some people prefer to come up early on the
morning of the actual show and I encourage you to arrange to share the drive
with other members. It makes it much more enjoyable and also helps if there
is a breakdown or other unforseen event.

For those of us heading up on Friday, the plan is to have two stops: one in
Orange County, and the other in the San Fernando Valley. This should give
everyone who wants to join us a chance to hook up for the drive up the
coast.

The first stop will be at the South Coast Plaza Sears Parking lot at 11:00
am. I had said 10:30 am before but some of the San Diego crowd wanted a
little extra time as they have to drive up to meet us. I epxect we will be
leaving from South Coast Plaza between 11:30- 12:00. To get there, take the
405 to Bristol Ave. The shopping center is North of the freeway. Go North on
Bristol and then turn left into the shopping center. Look for roadsters!

Thanks to Nancy & Gary for recommending the San Fernando Valley stop. This
will be their first show and they are excited. The SF Valley stop will be at
the AMF Woodlake Lanes (Bowling Alley)in Woodland Hills. It has a large
parking lot and is not very busy. It has easy access on and off the 101
freeway and there is a gas station right across the street. Take the 101
North and exit Woodlake Ave. Turn right at the light and you will be going
East on Ventura Blvd. The bowling alley will be on your right about 300 feet
down. We will probably get there around 1-1:30 and I predict a 2:00 PM lift
off for Solvang. We should not leave any later as it will be Friday and
people will want to get out of town.

Please email me with any questions and I look forward to seeing everyone on
the 26th!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC