Re: engine and tranny out, and it is a stroker for sure(Long)

To: Jim Cawrse <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: engine and tranny out, and it is a stroker for sure(Long)
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:58:24 -0700
Jim Cawrse wrote:

(Snip)
Im having the head pressure tested, and told them if warped to take
minimum material off, compression is very high as is.

Jim, see if they can straighten it by heating in an "oven" instead of
cutting.  If they are not set up to do so, see if you can find a shop that
is.

(snip)

The clutch still had some strengh in the pressure plate, but was pretty
greased up from the leaking rear main.  I figure I will just have to
let it leak, I dont have the skills to try a new rear main, and from
what I understand, chances of success for a first timer are poor.

List, I discovered the same thing on my U20... what am I doing wrong, or is
it possible to do it right?  Thanks!!!
Greg Burrows