Re: UNengaged

To: "Jeff Etheridge" <maurell@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: UNengaged
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 06:35:40 -0400
I have been using a 2000 starter in my 66 for many years with no problems.
The problem with 2000 starters is that most have been rebuilt many times and
aren't sometimes rebuilt well or the core left a lot to be desired.

I went to a gear reduction starter which is brand new. The H20 gear
reduction starters don't cost a whole lot more than 2000 starters and are
smaller and more powerful. I bought a TSI gear reduction starter which is
even smaller although it costs more.

I have had problems with a 2000 starter which is why I changed to the gear
reduction starter.

Mike