Re: UNengaged

To: Jeff Etheridge <maurell@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: UNengaged
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:03:03 -0700 (PDT)
Jeff,

If your replacement starter was sitting on a shelf for
a few years,(as most have been), I,m not surprised.  I
have had the same experience.  Probably dried up
lubrication in the starter.  They are compatible.  I
suggest you take the new starter and have it rebuilt
by a good electrical place (about $50-$60) and you
should be in fine shape.  On your '66, if you have not
already done so, You should go ahead and cut out your
triangular brace so you can get the starter out thru
the wheel well.  It will save a lot of work.  (Been
there, done that...)

Good luck

Mike Harper
'66 1600