Re: Factory roll bar

To: spl310@hotmail.com, horne@cs.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: Factory roll bar
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:11:56 -0700
The only factory roll bar I have seen is on Phil Erickson's Yellow 68-69. It
comes in two parts I believe and it has a smaller diameter (1.5") than the
aftermarket stuff you see. It also is not a perfect curve at the top of its
span but is slightly angled. I believe this was to allow head rest clearance
that addresses the issue that started this thread. It also is angled
slightly inward at the side posts to allow for soft top clearance.

It's not an attractive roll bar in my opinion and I too will be going with
an aftermarket bar on my 2000.

Take Care,

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC