Re: Fw: Solvang Caravan

To: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Solvang Caravan
From: <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:19:27 -0400
Hi Gerardo,

Thanks for the great info! I'll also have my cel phone (415) 601-3678 and my
roadster cb on ch4 for the caravan from SF. Calspeed is leading the group,
natch.

You're so right about checking the driveability the day before. I cancelled out
of Peter Vanderpas mountain run to a winery the other day because of problems
that morning. Got up to freeway speeds and the front end was shaking and
hopping all over. I had just gotten new tires, but hadn't tested them over
60mph, only tested them driving around the city. The damn shop screwed up on
the balancing and the wheels were hopping all over at high speed. Not a good
thing. Pulled over to the side of the freeway and two CHP cruisers came right
up. Ever see cops smile when they pull up? "Really nice car!" and they meant
it. That took some of the hurt off the problems, among them my tach cable
breaking in two. The car will be good for Solvang!

Fred - So.SF
http://www.badroc.com
http://users.rcn.com/roadster