U-20 timing chain

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: U-20 timing chain
From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 13:06:44 -0500
Following Gordon's chain test (car in gear, push backwards until chain is
slack) I can push the chain into the L bracket pretty easily.  My tensioner
is shimmed a bit.  How much shimming is really max before things get ugly?
Would removing the L buy me time?

Would it make any sense to just replace the chains at this point?  I have a
baby due in a few weeks, so doing the whole set up is out of the question
for this summer ($$$$), but the whole font end of my car is off  for the
steering replacement, so it would be convienent to do the chains now.

The engine is not original in my car so I don't know its mileage.

Any advice is appreciated.
Erik Smeby
( I will update my site later tonight with picts if you are interested.)
http://www.geocities.com/smedly_whiplash/