Torque arm

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Torque arm
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:42:18 -0500
I have placed pictures of my modified torque arm and homemade panhard bar.
The panhard bar worked really well at the autocross on Sunday.  Unfortunately,
the tires and wheels must be deflecting an inch or more because I'm still
rubbing on the springs and frame rails.  Does anybody know how much a Hoosier
23x9.5.15 cantilever slick will deflect?  Would increasing the pressure from
22 to 25 or so help any?  I weighed the car without driver and it came to
1960lbs.  I expected less but am happy that I won't have to add too much
weight to get up to the minimum 2100lbs for my class.  The weight slip is on
my picturetrail site also.  Look in the Tetanus album for the torque arm,
panhard bar, and weight slip.  As usual I won my class at the races, but
didn't fair so well when paxed against the other classes.  It looks like I
will need to continue adding modifications.  It doesn't help that I have to
use the .868 EP index either.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=nomadtrash@att.net

Andy