It finally arrived!

To: "510s" <bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>,
Subject: It finally arrived!
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:03:01 -0400
  My 1973 510 wagon arrived today.  I bought it last fall but left it with
the PO for winter storage.  Now it is finally home!  I spent most of the day
vacuuming and washing, waxing and polishing.  The battery is shot so any
tinkering under the hood will have to wait until I get a new battery.  I
found a bit more rust than I noticed last fall but all and all it is a good
solid car.  Rumor has it that it spent most of it's life in Florida.  There
is no way it could have been in Ohio too long; not with the way they salt
the roads up here when it snows.
  The car has a Weber down draft carb on it now.  I will be getting a stock
intake and carb soon.  Is there an advantage to having a Weber?  This car is
essentially stock and will remain that way, at least for a few years.  Until
I can afford some miner body work and a new paint job there will be no
lowering, fancy wheels, ZX struts, L18, L20, L22s, Volvo brake upgrades,
Subaru LSD, and certainly no Toyota motors!  I do need a battery (type 23?),
some windshield wiper blades, a gas cap, some weather stripping, and a job
so I can afford all of this.
  My first goal is to make it to Summit Point in May (22 days and
counting!).  I have some things I want to compare with the other wagons that
show up there each year.  And I'll toss in a pallet or two or some real
firewood if that's allowed at Camp Datsun!?

  Roadster content: Yes, I still have my 1969 1600 roadster and it will
remain my favorite sunny day lets go for ice cream ride.  But the 510 looks
really nice parked along side of it!

Paul
(I think I'll go check under the back seat again to see if I can find enough
money for a battery?)
1972 510 wagon
1969 1600 roadster