Re: brake bleed question

To: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>,
Subject: Re: brake bleed question
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:45:07 -0500
Keep one thing in mind; this master cylinder feeds off of the bottom.  You
can pump fluid through it and still have the m/c full of air.  The best way
I've found is to plug the outlets to the brake lines and clear the air with
the m/c bleeders.  The bleeders are at the top of the cylinder where the air
rises to.  A 3/8x24 bolt with a rubber disk for a gasket works well for a
plug.  The rubber seals and protects the nipples in the m/c.  Just lightly
snug them so as not to damage the nipples.  Pump and bleed with m/c bleeders
until the air is expelled.

Since your lines are already hooked up and purged, just try bleeding the m/c
first.  If this doesn't work then try the plugs.  You cannot power bleed a
Roadster brake system until the m/c is cleared of all air.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359