Biggest SEROC event - RA!!

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Biggest SEROC event - RA!!
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:33:03 -0500
Hey all you ROCers -

SEROC at RA was great!!  We had a record turnout of 12 Roadsters and many
more SEROCers.

Like Solvang the weekend started out pretty cool - in temperature:)  But, as
Saturday wore on the temps came up and Roadsters rolled in!

It took us (me with son Nick and Alan with his 66 E-type) 6 hours to get to
RA.  Lost a smog port plug in the middle of nowhere.  The plug and bearing
used to seal off the port fell and got stuck on the header - thank you lord!
15 minutes and back on the road.  The '66 ran great all weekend and averaged
30 MPG.

The Tire Burger Burn was wonderful!!  Thanks Mark and all that helped!
Pam's cookies were a big hit.  Great to meet more SEROCers.  SEROC is
blessed with some of the best people you would ever want to meet.

I want to thank everyone that came out.  I will let the guys tell their
stories - no top in the rain from FL.  Lost damper pulley/starter.  Fuel
problems....   Thanks Richard for letting us use your camp site and putting
up with us. Special thanks for Tom Phelan for being the Webmaster, Brad
Holmes for being the Membership Dude (MD) and the great SEROC t-shirts, and
to Mike Faggart for keeping us all in SEROC shirts and hats.

The parade laps were a blast even if slower due to tightened rules.  Seems
were are getting to fast - right Chris:)  A car (not Chris) hit the pace car
on Saturdays parade laps and the officials were not happy.

RA was a wonderful Roadster experience!!  My son loved it and even more
excited about getting his Z this summer.  Ok guys let the pictures flow!

Phil
SEROC