Atlanta

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Atlanta
From: "Dwight Woodruff" <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:34:58 -0400
All,
    Before I forget I just want to say thanks to everyone who attended the RA
SEROC event.  I had an exceptional time!  I must admit that it didn't start
out that way, though.  Friday morning Glenn and I got off to a very late
start.  About 10 miles from his house we were choking on the fumes from his
exhaust as they poured through the cracked floor panel.  We came within a
minute of turning back and scrapping the trip.  Something made us press on,
however, and we met up with Brian and Ron south of Ocala, FL.  We decided to
go without a top (for some unknown reason besides insanity) and we were soon
feeling the heat.  Then the rain.  We were able to keep most of it off of us
by going a little faster, so it wasn't too bad.  Ron's car broke down south of
Macon, and that delayed us several hours, so we didn't make it to Atlanta the
first night.  Saturday was awesome and made up for all our troubles, though.
All the people were great, and we had a good time watching the races from atop
of the hill, as well as walking through the paddock.  Many thanks to Tom for
the hints on the engine painting!  Saturday night will, I'm sure, becoming
part of SEROC folklore, although I don't really believe Chris remembers it
(either one of you!)  Thanks to Chris Br.  who let me drive his Fuscia 2000,
even if it was just across the street (Remember, friends don't let friends...)
Sunday.....for lack of a better word...sucked.  We had to go home early, miss
our parade laps, and drive 9 hours home in the incredibly hot sun, not to
mention find out how wimpy of a man I am (don't ask!)  I am so sore, muscles
and sunburn, I had to take today off work (not that I minded that too much).
When's the next trip, I can't wait!!!

Woody (and Glenn)