Re: Speedo drive gear in transmission

To: "Daryl Smith" <darylsmith@telus.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo drive gear in transmission
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:38:34 -0400
Yes, the speedo housing can be very difficult to get out after all these
years even when the tranny is out of the car. I used large vice grips to
twist it to break the rust and a large screwdriver to wedge it up and
penetrating oil. I then used a hammer and the vise grips and hammered on the
vise grips to pull it out.

I never tried it when the tranny was in the car however.

Mike