1970 1600 for sale in Northern California

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1970 1600 for sale in Northern California
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 18:09:54 -0700
No, it's not my car, unless you want to make an offer...

This is the car that Gordon forwarded to the list a week ago. I really,
really want to buy it, but I'm moving in a couple of weeks and don't have
the space and I need to save up my money. However, if enough people try to
talk me into it... Otherwise, feel free to contact the seller directly at
tloker@taylorwings.com. Tell him you heard about it and saw the pictures
from Adam. The car is in Rocklin, a few miles north of Sacramento.

Here's the story from the owner. The car was parked on a plastic tarp about
five years ago. However, the last tag on the license plate is 1988. At the
time it had brand new tires on it (no good anymore), a nearly new (yes,
new) head, new brake master cylinder (no fluid in it now), and some other
new parts (suspension, brakes, etc.)

Flash forward to the present. It won't move (rear brakes seized) but the
engine turns by hand (didn't try to crank it over). The smog equipment was
removed. The interior is in poor shape but all there. The speedo hasn't
worked for a long time. The floorboards and trunk have some rust but it
doesn't look serious. I could not find any rust on the bottoms of the
fenders and other common rust places. There are a few dints and dings and
it has a poor quality metallic blue paintjob over original silver, still
visible in the engine compartment, trunk, etc. The front apron is banged up
and the passenger-side headlight socket is bruised. There is some cracking
on the rear panel (bondo?).

Somebody shot the windshield, driver's side door glass, one hardtop
porthole and one headlight with a bb gun. All the chrome is present and
decent except it has aftermarket side moulding. The softop frame is very nice.

It has nice looking Appliance brand tru-spoke wheels (I think; the hub is
only held to the rim by spokes) but a few are fairly rusty. The hardtop is
nice except for the broken porthole window. There are some holes on the
door, for an old-style alarm and a bolt - I don't know what the bolt is
for. There's a metal strip in place of the teardrop softop hold-down, but I
didn't take the top off to examine it closely.

Actually, if I wasn't moving I would've bought the car. I think it's a bit
too nice to part out and I'm not in the market for another project car. If
anything, I'd swipe the body and use instead of mine when I finally do that
big-money restoration.

There are pics of it here:
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=21137441403&n=804858410