Falken Azemis, further report, and possible center caps

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Falken Azemis, further report, and possible center caps
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 23:12:38 -0400
For all who saw the first post, here is an update
on the fitting of 195X60X14 Falken Azemis tires on
libra style 14 X 5.5 wheels.

Car is still on jackstands, but with rear tires on and tourqed,
there is just a hair of room in back for the sidewalls to miss the fender
lip.  When the car comes down off stands I am going to take
the list advice and get a pipe and carefully roll it along the
tire and lip and roll that lip up into the inner fender.
That way under cornering loads I shouldnt rub too much.

As far as the front, the tires are a hair wider than the fenders,
so rolling the lips wont do anything.  I just hope with the stiff
springs, comp anti roll bar, and the geometry of the roadster
front suspension in general the tires never actually contact
the top of the fender.  I tried jacking up one side and when
the car came off the frame jackstand there was still a good
4 inches between the tire and fender.  So, even with the
motor and tranny weight in it should be OK.  I just wont jump over
RR tracks anymore.

The wheel and tire package has transformed the car from
a "cute red sports car" into a very aggressive looking
machine.  Stand by for further reports once on the street.
(hopefully near the end of this coming week once I get
the engine and tranny put back in)

My tire guy spent an entire afternoon looking for caps for
Libra style wheels (the kind with the 2.25 hole in the center)
he thinks he found some, and ordered me 4 at $11 apiece.
If they turn out to work I will put the part number out on
the list.  Its an EMPI  product.

Best Regards.
Jim
Chesapeake VaGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com