Re: U20 & Webber Carbs

To: Peter Bucknor <pbucknor@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: U20 & Webber Carbs
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:39:33 -0700
Peter, I am currently in the process of adapting some SK 48mm carbs that are
close copies of Weber DCOE carbs onto my solex manifold.  So far, the only
issue is the linkage.  If you had to, you could probably use your solex
linkage, but then that would make selling your solexs a bit more difficult
(my current concern).  I just emailed TWM (dealers for SK and Weber in the
past) to see if they can come up with some linkage.  If not, I have a source
who will manufacture some for me, so if need be we can make two sets.
However, it is expected that the necessary components already exist.  I will
keep you posted if you so desire.  Oh, I would go 45 DCOE's with somewhere
around 35-38mm chokes, depending on where you want to make power and how
comfortable you are with reving the engine.
Greg Burrows