Winter transmittion project

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Winter transmittion project
From: Taylor McCarney <datsun69roadster2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 13:37:46 -0800 (PST)
Hello, As soon as the ground becomes somewhat solid again we are going to bring
the roadster into the basement again for a winter project.  As of last summer
the transmittion was sometimes grinding gears when you shifted so we are going
to take a look and see what the problem is but since the roadster has under 50,
000 miles on it we just think its the sychonizers or atleast hope it is.  The
question is does anyone have any hints, procedures or tips on removing the
transmittion and checking the stuff inside.  This will be the first time my dad
or i have ever took apart a transmittion but at this point we figure with the
help from this list and others that anything is possible to do yourself and
much more fun then taking it to someone.  The roadster is a 69 2000 just incase
that matters.    .. thank you taylor mccarney