Re: Question on Model Year

To: audela2@cox.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question on Model Year
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:07:10 +0000
Take a look at your vin #.....If it is listed as SPL310-300506 then it is
probably a 1963 model. Following the "SPL310-",  the "3" digit denotes the
year as a 1963.

Also, in several of the old SPL310 articles, the test car's had special
California dealer plates. Maybe this may have something to due with your
vehicles discrepency?

Sounds like you have taken the right steps in tracking down the history of
the car (calling California DMV). You may wish to contact DMV's central
facility in Sacramento to see if they could assist further.

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA
1964 SPL310
1966 SPL311