Re: Timing Chain

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing Chain
From: Steve Ehlers <stevenehlers@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:51:22 -0600
Hi Mark ,
If the engine has as little as 50,000 miles ,the chains are major worn!
That's about all they are good for .However , I've seen 80 to 90 thousand
on a few engines and some of those even had a Modified valve cover .
You didn't even have to pull it to look at your chains or lack of :-) .
Another big chain slop causing problem is from previously surfaced
heads with No shims installed to correct the T/C geometry .
And , Please keep your car original in regards to an engine :-)
Good Luck !
Steve Ehlers
2- 68 1600
2- 69  2-Liters ( 1 with Solex )