Windshield Gasket Substitution

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield Gasket Substitution
From: "Jason Roosa" <jrooster@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:19:24 -0800
List - A week or so ago there was talk about the installation procedures for
the low windshield rubber gasket. If I remember correctly, some of the list
members stated that if a one piece gasket was desired in lieu of the available
four piece gasket (Datsun one-piece is NLA), that a gasket for the Triumph TR4
would work. Is this true? I was looking through a Moss Motors Catalog that
shows this Triumph gasket still being available, however it also shows that a
trim piece (finisher?) connects to this gasket. Is this finisher piece
necessary? If so, does anyone know of any problems installing it. Any
information would be appreciated as I would rather install a one piece gasket
than a four piece gasket.

Thanks -

Jason Roosa
Puyallup, WA