Re: Going OT: Re: holy Six speed batman

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Going OT: Re: holy Six speed batman
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:15:16 EST
Hi

I drove a Toyota Corolla 1.8 T Sport for around 1,400 miles over Christmas -
I'm sure a 6 speed in the right car is a real treat and I may be missing
something here but in the Corolla the 6 speed box was the most pointless
addition to any car I've ever driven. The car was not particularly fast or
responsive (and was certainly not economical at 32 mpg - 60mph at 3,000 rpm
in 6th). In addition it did not handle at all well. I couldn't wait to go
back to the 5 speed Skoda vRS, which has the same size engine, is faster,
quicker to 60mph and returns 38mpg (UK gallons).

Perhaps I should wait till I can afford a Bugatti Veyron with a 7-speed
paddle shift. The double clutch transmission shifts from one gear to the next
in a maximum 0.2 of a second.

Rob
www.fairlady.org