header problem?

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: header problem?
From: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:22:21 -0800
    well i picked up my carbs today from Keith and they are awesome. cant
wait to get them mounted. i am having a small problem with a header that i
got as the old was cracked. i have found that i am having to grind it in
spots to allow the carbs to fit flush with the head. the header I have is
aftermarket. does this sound normal? the holes seem to match the head but it
has corners and angles that need to be ground.  anyway, the carbs look
great. I was hoping to have them mounted tonight but i guess i will have to
wait until tomorrow.
    Keith was kind enough to give me a bumpstop to replace the cracked one I
found on the rear axle. thx Keith!

mike