RE: Torque specs for front suspension '69 SRL 2000

To: "'Teesun68'" <teesun68@telus.net>,
Subject: RE: Torque specs for front suspension '69 SRL 2000
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:33:37 +1030
Michael and list,
lifted from the SP310 service manual and I assume these values carry
over to later models:-
Upper ball joint nut                            15-18 ft-lbs
Lower ball joint nut                            16-20 ft-lbs
Spring plate nut                                        25-30 ft-lbs
Upper arm spindle to cross member               35-42 ft-lbs
Lower link spindle bolt                         25-30 ft-lbs
Nut upper ball stud with knockle spindle        43-51 ft-lbs
Nut lower ball stud with knuckle spindle        80-90 -ft-lbs
Spindle nut                                             30 ft-lbs then back off
1/8 turn
39 deg. C today with much of the Australian Capital Territory
(Canberra) under bushfire threat.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.