Overheating problem

Subject: Overheating problem
From: "The Hoovers" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:32:45 -0700
After a few weeks away from Roadsters, we set to work undoing some of the
PO's "wiring".  The '64 1600 fired right up, and everything electrical that
worked before works now.  A new problem arose, however.  The engine heats up
very rapidly; within about 10 minutes it gets up to 220 & rising.  It didn't
do this before we pulled apart the engine wiring.  The radiator holds
vacuum, and the system was recently flushed.  We set the timing to 16deg
BTDC (non-smog dist).  We suspect the thermostat, but wanted to know other
things to look at.

Thanks in advance,
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, AZ