Re: How to use the stock jack?

To: Tom Duffy <tomuo@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: How to use the stock jack?
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:42:04 -0800
Tom,

The stock jack is very dangerous for the doors of your car.  If you forget, or
don't know, about putting blocks ahead of and behind one of the tires to be left
on the ground the car is very likely to roll one way or the other once the car
is
up in the air.  The jack in turn rotates the opposite direction along the door
and into the door, making a very large dent.  Been there.  Done that once, and
fought like !*#& the second time to prevent it.  I plan to put a scissors jack
in
for normal driving.  Maybe use the stock jack for show.

In the late 60's we used the jack to straighten the tubular frame of the race
car
I pulled wrench on.  When the F104 Phantom calipers leaked in the seams and
doused the disks with brake fluid the only way to stop was to spin the car.  We
spent a little time at Westwood or SIR straightening the frame, but always won
the race.

Tom
69 2000
Portland