RE: How to use the stock jack?

To: "'Tom Duffy'" <tomuo@attbi.com>
Subject: RE: How to use the stock jack?
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:40:58 -0800
My suggestion is DON'T!

It's a body dinger and paint remover, not to mention just plain dangerous.
The car has to be pretty well balanced on the jack point to raise both
wheels off the ground. Perhpas there's something going on with your car's
fore and aft weight distribution?

I had it slip off that jack once years ago and never used it again. I bought
a Sears screw type scissors jack that I have in the trunk now. It's very
compact, I can place it anywhere under the car and it's a lot more stable
than that horrible OEM contraption.

HTH

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA