Re: Weber carbs, and Volvo brakes

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Weber carbs, and Volvo brakes
From: "Don Boyd" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:16:11 -0800
Hi Patrick.
Your  thinking of 120's. The 140s may have had single circuits in European
cars or the very first ones off the line, but all that I've seen have dual
front brake hoses to each caliper.( I used to see a LOT of them since that's
what I do)They all had rear disks.  The caliper mounting bolt  CtoC  is 3"
for the 140,the 240( 240s MAY also have a 3.25" bolt CtoC),and the roadster.
(also jag E-type, Lancia flavia,fulvia,flamminia, Iso grifo,Rivolta and a
bunch of other stuff, ...) but except for early 240s, the rotors were vented
on all 240s (front) If your going to vented rotors, (another subject) the
use the 240 calipers(girling only) The 140 had a rotor roughly the same
thickness as the roadster and should be a better fit. Ive done it on the
other cars listed, but not the roadster. Since the high friction pads and
the larger, all stainless caliper piston/cyl assemblies have become
available I don't bother with the girling stuff unless theres a reason.

Don Boyd
Mechanical Services