RE: Rule of 9

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rule of 9
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:56:50 -0800
Part of it is to allow for expansion of the parts when hot. That will close
down the clearances.

A couple of other reasons for not running zero lash would be excessive wear
from the constant contact between cam and follower (or rocker), and the fact
that as the valve sinks further into the valve seat with wear, the valve
wouldn't completely close.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org