Fuel sending unit ???

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel sending unit ???
From: "Dwight Woodruff" <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:55:54 -0500
All,
    I have a brand new fuel sending unit from Nissan, and it has the Letters
"G" and "E" under the terminal posts.  Which is which?  I did have the black
cable that goes to the chassis ground on "E" thinking it meant "Earth" like on
the alternator.  But, I'm thinking "G" means "Ground".  If so, what's the "E"
stand for, and does the yellow wire connect to it that runs to the "Tank" side
of the fuel guage.  Both orientations provide kooky results, but I'm also
afraid of having it backwards, turning the key, and having my wife collect on
my insurance policy.  Thanks.

Woody  http://home.tampabay.rr.com/srl311
Clearwater, FL
'69 2000  (97% running mechanicaly sound, then on to the "pretty stuff")