RE: 67 1600 carb overflow - Thank you to all!!

To: "'Patrick J. Horne'" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: RE: 67 1600 carb overflow - Thank you to all!!
From: robbieharrison@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 14:52:43 -0400
Sure enough, a brass float full of gasoline does not float. Thanks to
Pat, Calspeed, Paul, Mike, Jonathan and Russ for the answer. It took
longer for me to find the spare set of 1600 carbs to rob a plastic float
from than it did to change the float. My first trip inside a carb. Not
nearly as scary as I expected, though I did open up the spare first, and
a complete success!!

On the electrical front, Gary reminded me that I bypassed the ballast
resistor when installing his fantastic EI distributor. That seems to
leave either a break in the wiring somewhere or a bad switch. Somewhere
out in the garage I'm sure there's another spare (the first I found
doesn't match any of the keys I've found so far), But that will probably
wait a day or two - It's sunny and I gotta take a ride to celebrate.
Thanks to Charlie, Adam, Gary and Richard for things to look for. I'll
let you know when I find the culprit.

Robbie Harrison
67 1600 now on the road thanks to the list!
68 2000 soon to join the fun
3 more for parts