next problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: next problem
From: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller07@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 16:58:42 -0400
Ok, so I'll start by saying my car has never run better.  However I also
have never had it on the highway before this year.  Now its running so go I
hate to not drive it.  So this weekend I took it back to my parents house,
about a 1.5 hour drive on the turnpike.  I have a stroked 1600, with a stock
radiator, cast iron head, and a 4 speed.  It runs nice and cool around town,
but on the highway...it gets hot like 230-240F.  At 65 miles an hour I'l
turning about 3500-3600 rpm.  Interestingly it comes up to this temperature
then I can drive the rest of the trip without it getting any hotter.  I"m
using an after market mechanical guage (I'm not really sure what the theory
of operation is on these) but I'm guessing it is accurate.  My radiator has
been cleaned but not recored.  What should I do?  just keep driving it? New
radiator?  5 Speed?

One thought I had was timing.  Should I check my advance at 3500rpm to see
what it is?  What should it be?

Thanks in advance.

Ian Miller
66 1600 stroker