Re: next problem

To: ianmiller07@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: next problem
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 22:36:02 EDT
Ian,

       The max advance should be about 36 degrees BTDC. As to the radiator, I
ended up going to a high density core after several years of the same kind of
problems. 100% cure. The high density core does not have more rows, rather it
has more of the back and forth squiggles between the tubes. This increases
the surface area. Also on an old radiator the fins have a tendancy to come
unsoldered from the tubes. So the heat does not get transfered out of the
tubes very well. If you take your radiator to a good shop and tell them you
want a high density core and add a row if they can, I expect your troubles
will go away.

                                keith