Gauges

To: "Datsun-Roadsters List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gauges
From: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 22:02:07 -0400
Hi-

Does anyone have the proper size for gauges for a 1966 1600?  This was what I
got off of the 311 site.  Are the gauge sizes listed below correct?

Thanks in Advance

311 Autometer Gauge Section
AFTERMARKET GAUGES
After market gauges-There are many available but I used the Autometer black
face in my 67.5. I plan to use the white face in my '66. Not stock but the
cost is reasonable and the performance more reliable than the stock gauges in
my opinion. It costs a lot of dinero to have the stock gauges refurbished.
Plus parts are getting harder to get as the cars get older. Some have used VDO
gauges successfully as well.

  a.. Mechanical speedometer 3-3/4" 120 MPH-roadster speedo cable hooks right
up.
  b.. Electric tachometer 3-3/4" 8,000 RPM-hooks up to - side of coil-I had a
cap machined to block off the fitting where the tach cable hooked up to the
distributor body.
  c.. Water temp-mechanical 2-3/8"-hooked into pass side of water pump(to keep
away from header heat)I had my water pump fitted with a threaded insert to
accept the adapter.
  d.. Oil pressure 2-3/8"-connected directly to block
  e.. Amp gauge 2-3/8"-hooked up to stock wiring-single wire alt screwed that
up. More on that later.
  f.. Fuel gauge 2-3/8"-used Ford unit as it has correct ohms and works
well-not 100% below a 1/2 tank.
You could use the 5" speedometer and tachometer. It really is personal choice.
There are also some smaller water, temp, oil, amp/volt and fuel gauges.
2-1/16" I believe. There are a variety of styles to choose from. I stuck with
the Ultra-Lite series of gauges. For more information on Autometer gauges go
to Summit Racing's Web Site. Click here to check them out!