Re: ka24 questions

To: Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: ka24 questions
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 23:46:46 -0500
KA24DE is pretty popular. The twin cam engine was found in the 240SX
from '91 to '97 (I think '97 was the last model year). I've seen these
engines go 200,000+ miles. Only problem on high mileage units is the
electronics, more cost effective to find a lower mileage engine. You can
still find plenty of "low mileage" 80,000 mile motors with a long life
ahead of them.

The earlier 240SX, and Truck, had the single cam version... KA24E. Also
a contender, lower hp, but still a viable engine.

Also a few folks have the SR20DE stuffed into their roadsters. The
RWD engine is only a Japan import.

Odd thing about engine swaps... I still think the R16 (original 1600) is
one of the most reliable engines with proper maintenance. Almost tempted
to stuff flat top (lower compression) pistons from the U20 into the
1600, and build it as a every day "regular" fuel engine.

Tom