RE: questions again brakes and parts needed 69 srl 311 2000

To: <remfender@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: questions again brakes and parts needed 69 srl 311 2000
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:40:44 -0700
Ron,

The brake lines are 3/16" SAE thread.  If you make them, or have them made,
make sure the ends are double flared to help prevent leaks.  Make certain
you do not attempt to use metric threads.  These are SAE.

If you check at your local parts house you may be able to purchase pre-made
lines that are about the correct length.  The only problem I had was getting
the bend thight enough at the slave cylinder to clear some of the rearend
parts.  Bending these lines is not hard.  I used a bender available at my
parts house, and in the case of the final bend at the slave cylinder I used
my hands to decrease the radius a bit to clear the rearend.

If you are replacing the flex hoses as well (if they are old you should)
take a look at the tech page on my web site for part number information your
local parts house can use to get you the correct SAE hoses.
http://www.fransfancies.com/datsun

Tom
69 2000 "Mr. Hyde"
Portland, OR