Re: Roadsteritus

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roadsteritus
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 12:46:55 -0500
>Victor Laury:

> And contribute you did! I hope to have you back as a regular. If so, Marc
> did us another favor by re-infecting you.
>
> I still have a nasty, inflamed itch for a 510, myself. So Datsun-itus comes
> in all flavors.

Thanks, Victor. I've been lurking. Just been real busy with the move down
from DFW, particularly on weekends. Up until about a month ago I was going
back up there just about every weekend. We finally got the house up there
finished and rented and are focusing on finding the land we want.

Yeah, I guess roadsteritus is a special subset of Datsunitus and while
neither are terminal they're chronic. Then there's 240Zitus, too. There is
definitely a different experience to be enjoyed in a small open car on
twisty country roads though. We have the 510's and associated bits in a 10 x
30 store room (one of three!) not far from the apartment. You should have
seen the look that I got when I suggested that we might fit a roadster into
the recently acquired third store room!

I'm not sure on the time table to get another roadster. Too many things
already going on and way too many variables. If we find a decent car this
summer we may go ahead and jump on it. I'm really lucky in that Elayne kicks
my tail TO go work on the cars rather than complaining because I do. She did
say that she doesn't want to go out to Shasta a third time (we went in '98
and '99) without a car. Besides the cost of a trip this year would be a
substantial  amount toward either a roadster or a trailer.

Thanks for the encouragement,
Ron