Re: Removed head from my 66

To: Keith0alan@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removed head from my 66
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 22:39:09 -0700
Hi Keith,

Be careful with the "L" series stem seals.  Most "L" series engines have
valve stem diameters close to 5/16" american size while the "R" engines had
stem diameters equivalent to 11/32" diameter.  When you replace the guides
you can probably machine the head to accept the later style umbrella stem
seals.

Bronze guides are available.

Stan
=========