Food & Roadsters

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Food & Roadsters
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:35:16 -0500
Hopefully that'll get some attention! ;>)

Anyway, we're heading back down to the Texas Hill Country for the holiday
weekend, to the scene of crime (er..., the roadsteritus infestation) so to
speak, and get in Elayne in Marc and Heidi's 1600. The Horne's mentioned
plans to attend the Kerrville Folk Festival so we figured any excuse to get
together with a group of roadster folks, talk cars and eat very good food
shouldn't go to waste.

I've made reservations (in my name) for 8 for 1:00 pm Sunday afternoon at
the Feed Barn, located just south of Sisterdale, basically at the corner of
1376 (Sisterdale Rd.) where 473 turns east. The address is 1123 FM 1376,
78006.  Their phone number is 830-324-6514. If you plan to join us, please
call and ask them to add your number to the list. Mapquest gives a good idea
of how to get there, but from Boerne you take 1376 north, or from Comfort
(I-10 at the US 87 exit) go south (toward Comfort) less than a mile to 473,
then left (east) under I-10 and through the country until it makes a sharp
right (if you go too far you end up at the Bat Tunnel). Follow 473 until it
"T's", at which point you turn right (south) and go through the very small,
but lovely, town of Sisterdale. Less than a mile past town is the Feed Barn.

This is a very good country restaurant (don't let the name fool you)  that
serves a wide variety of home style foods, both fried and grilled. Most
meals run around $10 with choice steaks and seafood a bit higher.

We realize that this may be a bit late for some folks, but we figured why
not let folks know so they could join us if they could. We will be
discussing the treatment (there is no cure) for my roadsteritus and I'd like
to discuss setting up some tours in that area in the future. Those that
think Texas is just flat plains don't know what they're missing.

Look forward to seeing everyone who can make it.

Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@hot.rr.com
Ronnie_day@acd.org