Re: VDO gauge question

To: Roadster <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: VDO gauge question
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 21:33:17 -0500 (CDT)
I wouldn't bother with a fuse for a volt meter, its internal wires and
coil(s) are really small wire, so if it shorts out and burns, it won't
damage anything else.

I would connect it from ground to a switched power source such as the
wiper feed or radio feed. Some folks wire them so they read all the time,
but I don't like the idea of intentionally hooking up a load tht stays on
all the time, even if it is a small one! (Alright, I don't disconnect my
modern radio, but that's it!)

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA