Fuel Guage

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Guage
From: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 22:29:35 -0500
Hello All,
The fuel gauge in my '67 1600 does not work.  I bought it last fall, so not
sure how long it hasn't worked.  When I turn on the key, the needle jumps from
E to way above F, and drops as soon as the key is turned off.  Where should I
begin to look?
Second question:  My speedo is also non-functional.  I am guessing that I need
a new cable.  While looking at the options in the Rallye website, I see a
cable and a cable with a swivel?  Any thoughts on how I can decide which to
purchase?
You will find my picture in the dictionary under "novice", so sorry if this is
basic...
Thanks for any help,
Ken