Bad auto shop epilogue

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Bad auto shop epilogue
From: ambradley@attbi.com
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 19:56:38 +0000
I was able to retrieve my car without paying anything.  No harsh words were
exchanged.  They had tried to make a downpipe by welding the unflared exhaust
to the flanges (they are supposed to be flared and the flanges shouldn't be
welded).  The way they built the downpipe, I wouldn't have been able to turn
left; the steering linkage was in the way.

They lost two of the studs on the exhaust manifold and destroyed the flanges
that bolt to the manifold.  I have to buy/scrounge those up.  But overall I
got off fairly easy, no permanent damage to the car, and the new exhaust shop
says it can be done once I get those few parts.  The exhaust will be tricky
due to the aforementioned steering, but they say they can do it.