Re: Memorial Day

To: "Raper, Sidney" <Sidney.Raper@getronics.com>,
Subject: Re: Memorial Day
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@gwi.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 19:11:16 -0400
Thank you Sid.  My hat is off to those parents who endured the long periods
of WWII deployments and even the common 1 yr tours of Vietnam of their sons
and daughters.  Our duty as combat parents has been short compaired the
other conflicts.  I would like to thank the roadster community especially
the DRONE group for all the support we have received.  The DRONE group has
sent several packages to my son.  We went for over a month with no contact
from our son in Iraq.  We have since learned that the 82nd ABN was to be
parchuted into Bagdad Airport if the regime of Saddam had fallen quickly.
When it did not, the 82nd was used to clear out towns and protect the
extended supply route.  We have received some letters and 2 phone  calls
after Matt's unit got to Bagdad.  He tells us of having golf ball sized
tracer rounds going over his head (AA guns) and of entering an underground
prison for political prisoners and finding some alive and some dead. He said
it was the most horrible thing he ever saw. And that was after being in
combat!!  He told us of the schools full of munitions and  AA guns and tanks
put in neighborhoods.  We do not need to find any WMD to justify what we
have done in removing the goverment of Iraq.  Just look and what we did
find.  Hopefully he will be home in June or July.  Thankfully God sees us
though these times no matter what the outcome, heaven is cheap enough...

Roadster content- rained almost all weekend and the roadster stayed under
cover.
daveS